Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec

...this relates to Office 2000: Whenever I start Word 2000 I get this message. I click OK and I can use Word absolutely fine: anyone know what the problem/solution might be. When I exit Word the message comes up again. Thanks all for your help

Re: Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec

Did you try "Detect and repair" ?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291957
    Regards,
    Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

No, I will do so. The thing is, it's an absolutely clean installation of Office 2000. Thanks, I will give it a go

Comment

Try replacing the normal.dot file with one from a working Word install from another machine.

Comment

Try going into the "Macros" dialogue and deleting the "Autoexec" macro.

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
            Try going into the "Macros" dialogue and deleting the "Autoexec" macro.
            SL, thanks for this; i think this might indeed be the problem. Trouble is i can't delete the macro as when i highlight it, the delete button is greyed out. Any ideas? Or any idea on how i can disable macros altogether. Thanks again for everyone's help

Comment

Originally posted by vipersden View Post
              SL, thanks for this; i think this might indeed be the problem. Trouble is i can't delete the macro as when i highlight it, the delete button is greyed out. Any ideas? Or any idea on how i can disable macros altogether. Thanks again for everyone's help
              Can you edit the macro and comment everything out? I'm afraid my knowledge of VBA is limited to Access 97!! If you can't edit it you should suspect a virus or some other Word Macro-based malware.

Tom
              For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
                Can you edit the macro and comment everything out? I'm afraid my knowledge of VBA is limited to Access 97!! If you can't edit it you should suspect a virus or some other Word Macro-based malware.
                thanks for the really quick reply. edit button is also grayed out. absolutely NOT disagreeing with you regarding possible virus/malware. The laptop has recently been 'cleaned' and i have full antivirus protection etc. None of my internet pages are hijacked etc. My laptop is in no way 'playing up'. In short, i am pretty confident i don't have any malware etc. it' s a recently new install of Office 2000 also. Thanks.

Comment

Sorted! did a search on Google. I had the pdfmaker.dot template lurking in Office startup (I had previously removed Adobe Acrobat).

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...sInstalled.htm

Thanks all for your help, very kind! Great forum this

Comment

Working...
                  X