Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office System (2003) SP3 Slipstreaming

Hello,

Is this tested? Seems like there is a problem with slipstreaming sp3, it asks for the original cd during installation

More info at: http://www.msfn.org/board/Office_200...m_t104819.html

Re: Office System (2003) SP3 Slipstreaming

I slipstreamed all the 6 cds of the Office 2003 with SP3 and installed from the cds and I haven't encountered any problem what so ever. It didn't ask to insert disk x or to insert serial number.

So I don't see where is the problem. Maybe that people are doing something wrong.

Comment

The only ways you should not be asked for a serial number are if you are
      a) Using an admin setup point with a Volume License Key or
      b) Using a dodgy copy of Office

Given the site policy on illegal software, would you care to clarify how you managed to get a legitimate copy on a CD without a product key?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ossian: I am sure he entered his volume licenses during the slipstream process. I would not have thought to put that in the details of my message either as it's just part of the process!

gabriel_ro: 6 CD's? I am only talking about "Office 2003 Pro" (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint, and InfoPath) 1CD. If your talking Office add ons like Visio 2003, yes I was able to slipstream that and Project 2003 to SP3 without any issues.

Now back to the topic!:

I have Office 2003 Pro Enterprise with a Volume License and had no problems doing the slipstream process with SP1 nor SP2 when they came out.

SP3 on the other-hand seems to have a glitch!

As the 1st post points to another forum, ill sum it up for the ones who don't want to go off site.

1. You do the admin install.
        2. You extract the SP3 files.
        3. You slipstream the admin install to SP3.
        4. a) You install from that folder or across a network share, everything is fine.
        4. b) You burn the files to a disc/iso and try to install and you get a Please put in the Office 2003 CD toward the very end of the install. The file it is showing on the screen is "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Infopath.SemiTrust.d ll" so one would assume thats the problem. But then why does it install fine from a folder and not an .iso or CD?

Has anyone actually been able to burn it to a disc/ISO and install from it? I mean everything during the slipstream process goes well so you don't know there is a problem till you do that actual install.

Comment

I have experienced EXACTLY the same problem. Following the instructions EXACTLY, multiple times, ALWAYS results in a slipstreamed administrative install point that operates perfectly EXCEPT when burned to CD.

The REALLY odd thing is that you can recopy everything off the CD to the HD again, and it will install perfectly. Go figure!

I have tried researching this on MS sites and across the web, to no avail.

Comment

Originally posted by DIE-HARD View Post
            Ossian: I am sure he entered his volume licenses during the slipstream process. I would not have thought to put that in the details of my message either as it's just part of the process!

gabriel_ro: 6 CD's? I am only talking about "Office 2003 Pro" (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint, and InfoPath) 1CD. If your talking Office add ons like Visio 2003, yes I was able to slipstream that and Project 2003 to SP3 without any issues.

Now back to the topic!:

I have Office 2003 Pro Enterprise with a Volume License and had no problems doing the slipstream process with SP1 nor SP2 when they came out.

SP3 on the other-hand seems to have a glitch!

As the 1st post points to another forum, ill sum it up for the ones who don't want to go off site.

1. You do the admin install.
            2. You extract the SP3 files.
            3. You slipstream the admin install to SP3.
            4. a) You install from that folder or across a network share, everything is fine.
            4. b) You burn the files to a disc/iso and try to install and you get a Please put in the Office 2003 CD toward the very end of the install. The file it is showing on the screen is "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Infopath.SemiTrust.d ll" so one would assume thats the problem. But then why does it install fine from a folder and not an .iso or CD?

Has anyone actually been able to burn it to a disc/ISO and install from it? I mean everything during the slipstream process goes well so you don't know there is a problem till you do that actual install.
            Has anyone figured this one out? I followed the instructions to the letter at http://www.petri.com/office-2003-sp-3-slipstreaming.htm and get the exact problem described here where it asks for the CD.

Comment

Hello to everyone. First of all, I want to apologyze for my bad English writing (I'm from Spain).

I succesfully did the slipstreaming process in all Office 2003 CD's with the SP3 and some more updates.

I also found this topic and want to clarify something about slipstreaming hotfixes and/or Service Packs in Office 2003 (this doesn't apply to older Office versions). To create the Administrative Installation Point ("AIP") in Office 2003, you have to add the "MSINODISABLEMEDIA=1" option when initializing the Office 2003 Setup process (of course, in addition to the "/a" option ), so the command line would look like this:

Code:
              X:\Setup.exe /a MSINODISABLEMEDIA=1
              This is used for telling the Setup program to allow Office installations from ANY folder, not only the folder used to create the AIP, which is the default policy, so you have to override this.

Extracting the Setup files from installation CD's by using the command line I wrote before, you are OK to copy the resulting files to any folder, CD, HD or sharing point in network.

Greetings

P.S.: Again, sorry for my writing errors

Comment

Working...
              X