No announcement yet.

POPUP - Office XP End User License Agreement

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POPUP - Office XP End User License Agreement

Hi All,

Problem: "Office XP End User License Agreement" window keeps popping up in various Office applications. Repair has not corrected it, neither has uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling office.

Circumstance: Changed workstation to different domain, after running File and Settings Backup Wizard. Restore after changeover, crashed out. Managed to get it to run ok. Problems started happening in Windows. Ran a WinXP SP2 disk and repaired windows. Uninstalled office rebooted and reinstalled, but popup keeps coming back!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks so much,

Re: POPUP - Office XP End User License Agreement

Does your particular copy of Office require activation? If so, reactivate it.

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Thanks mate, but it has already been activated. I did it myself online, and registered it! Frustrating I tell you.

PS. I is still popping up.

Try renaming your profile and then logging off and back on again to allow windows to create a new profile for you. Sounds like something is a bit screwed up somewhere. You'll have to configure Outlook again but at least you will find out if it fixes the problem or not.

Michael Armstrong
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

I had a similar problem where I installed Office as the domain admin on a PC. I forgot to start Word or Excel from my login. When the user logged in, the license agreement would pop up every time they started Word. Priviledges for the end user were limited. I went back in as the domain admin, started Word and acknowledged the license agreement. Now, when the end user logged in and started word, the pop up never showed up again. Perhaps something similar is going on with your setup.