Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

office 2003 pro woes - no slipstreaming, no GPO installations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• office 2003 pro woes - no slipstreaming, no GPO installations?

what are the limitations of office 2003 pro? i assumed i had the enterprise version, bit it seems i have the retail version (it's the version that was included with the action pack subscription).

i tried to slipstream sp2 into office 2003, and i got an error about how creation of admin images was only available for the enterprise edition of office 2003.

i came across this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826868

it seems that i'm SOL in this respect.

i've also had nothing but problems with installing office 2003 using a GPO. does anyone think that the problem might be symptomatic of this non-enterprise edition of office 2003?

do you need to have the enterprise version of office 2003 to do a network/gpo install?

Re: office 2003 pro woes - no slipstreaming, no GPO installations?

Sounds like it, yes. Makes sense too, as a retail version is meant for one computer, whereas an enterprise version is meant for many computers, and would have a product key that allows for installs on many computers.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: office 2003 pro woes - no slipstreaming, no GPO installations?

Originally posted by Wired View Post
      Sounds like it, yes. Makes sense too, as a retail version is meant for one computer, whereas an enterprise version is meant for many computers, and would have a product key that allows for installs on many computers.
      i agree, it does make logical sense. what's illogically however, is the fact that this action pack includes 10 licenses for the product. 10 licenses that are distributed through 5 COA's.

oddly, the GPO has uninstalled office 2003 from the machines where the package was manually installed. i guess the GPO installation does work. i need to find out why it uninstalled, even though i specifically told the GPO not to uninstall any current versions. so to recap, i need to find out why it won't install, and why it will uninstall.

Comment

Working...
      X