No announcement yet.

Hyperlink - server Problam

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperlink - server Problam

I know that this is more office problam but it more a server network problam

Hello all

I'm in process of changing my file server, the old one was my DC and my FS and now I install Netup for all the storage and the DC will still be my DC.
    My R&D Department is using an PowerPoint presentation that contain allot of hyperlinks to files on my file server.
    with the Netup install i forced to change my storage name and to change links around my network.
    my problem is this:
    on this PowerPoint presentation the links have a name but not the path name Example not \\ServerName\fileName just AnyName. With the server name is changed all the links doesn't work I am talking abut hundred of links so I cant change it all manually and the replace tool isn't working because i need to the hyperlink path and the hyperlink name
    Any suggestions??
    Please help!

Re: Hyperlink - server Problam

Try this tool:

It claims to do what you want, but since I've never tried it, its all at your own risk

Good Luck -- tell us how you get on

PS -- Mod please move to Office Forum
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Hyperlink - server Problam

Well if the other server is gone for good, you can manually add a DNS record of the old name to the new location. and for good measure add it to WINS as well.
      "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan