Outlook 03 Public Folders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 03 Public Folders

I am sure there is an easy fix for this but I can't seem to find it. How can I make the public folders visible in the left "mail" pane in outlook? Currently I have to click on the "Folder List" pane to make Public Folders visible. If I am in the mail pane, public folders do not show up down below the Inbox. It is annoying to have to click folder list to get them to show up.

Re: Outlook 03 Public Folders

Public folders do not display in the "Mail" folder list because they are not mail folders!

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Fine... However, I do remember being able to always keep Public folders visible in previous versions of Outlook. Now I always have to click the folder list.

Comment

Originally posted by Xirtic88 View Post
        Fine... However, I do remember being able to always keep Public folders visible in previous versions of Outlook. Now I always have to click the folder list.
        That's because previous versions of Outlook only had the "Folder List"... they did not break it down by folder type. Outlook 2003 and above have the folder types separated by default; but you can still go back to the "Old look" by selecting the folder list.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Look... I understand how to get the Public Folders to show up by clicking on the Folder List. Great. Now when outlook is closed and the reopened, the folder list is closed and therefore the Public Folders are not visible on the left pain. You have to click folder list again.
          Is there a way in Outlook 2003 where you can keep the Public Folders visible at ALL TIMES, even after the program has been closed and reopened. Having to click the folder list button every time is just stupid.

Comment

I'm not sure why yours won't hold the setting but when i click on the Folder list icon and shutdown outlook it stays with the folder list open and i can view all my folders and public folders.
            Attached Files

Comment

Even after you close Outlook? If I click on the yellow Folder List box to display the Public Folders and then go back to viewing emails in my inbox, if I were to close Outlook and then reopen it, the Folder List (Public Folders) are not displayed in the left pain. I have to click Folder List again to get them to show up. Annoying.
              Gotta be a setting somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Xirtic88 View Post
                Even after you close Outlook? If I click on the yellow Folder List box to display the Public Folders and then go back to viewing emails in my inbox, if I were to close Outlook and then reopen it, the Folder List (Public Folders) are not displayed in the left pain. I have to click Folder List again to get them to show up. Annoying.
                Gotta be a setting somewhere.
                Yep mine stays.

What to try is to get the folder list view as you would normally and work from the inbox in that view and NOT the Mail pane.

Another thing you could do is to remove all the other panes by right clicking on the navigation pane and selecting Navigation Pane Options. Remove the checks from all except the folder list and see what happens.

*EDIT*

Just tried it and you can actually remove the folder list from the Navigation Pan as well and it will keep the view
                Last edited by wullieb1; 12th April 2007, 15:06.

Comment

I went to options and removed all the check boxes, even for mail and then closed the configure. The mail pane was the only thing visible on the left. I then went into the Add/REMOVE buttons and only selected Folder List. This put a little yellow folder (Like you have) on the bottom of the pane. I clicked it to get the Public folders to show up and then closed Outlook. When I reopened it, the Public Folders were still there. Yippie. I then added the Contacts and Calendar buttons and tested again. Good to go, still have Public Folders.

Not sure why ADD/REMOVE under configure is different than the Navigate Pane Options but it seems to be. Before I had the big Contacts, Calendar, and Folder list buttons and PF disappeared. Now I have the tiny ones at the bottom of the Pane and the PF stays. Weird.

Anyways, Thanks for the help.

Comment

Glad to see you've fixed it.

Comment

Working...
                    X