No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• excel-fx

Trying to find out how I can get a sentence typed across 4 cells can be right clicked (high lighted) and its contects show up in the fx field underneath the toolbar?

I opened a spreadsheet that has two sentences that run along two rows. The second sentence I can click the first word and it displays the entire second sentence in the fx field.

Re: excel-fx

Would you please post a screen shot or two or three or four showing the relevant points in your query? Would help me (and I'm certain, others) visualize and resolve your problem more rapidly.

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Two sentences I have in 14 cells/2 rows:

Reciept: Sum $5.00 donation for 1 Bar-B-Q plate to be
      redeemed on Sunday, April 15, 2007 between 11am-2pm.

If I click on the word redeemed the whole second sentence shows up in the Fx field. I am trying to get the first sentence to display in the same manner.

When you type a sentence into a cell and it's longer than the cell, it APPEARS to cross several cell boundaries; however it all stays in the first cell - if you expand the cell you will see what I mean. To make a sentence in SEVERAL cells you would need to type a word, move to the next cell, type another word... etc etc. Your "Redeemed" sentence is in ONE cell, the other sentence is not.

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

You might also want to check out the MERGE CELLS and WORD WRAP options -- both in FORMAT--CELLS--ALIGNMENT

Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Use Alt-Enter in the formula bar to start a new line in the same cell.
            Is that what you try to do?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
            and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts