Can't upgrade from Office Small Business 2003 to Professional 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't upgrade from Office Small Business 2003 to Professional 2003

I have Office Small Business 2003 installed. I wanted to upgrade to Professional 2003 for some of the additional features. Purchased the upgrade disk, but when I try to install it tells me it can't find a previously owned version.

Re: Can't upgrade from Office Small Business 2003 to Professional 2003

You stopped writing...?

Do you own the original? You have a valid license for it and it's activated? Is it a valid upgrade path to go from Small Business to Professional?

More info needed...

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Yes I own the original and have a valid, active license. Not sure what you mean by a valid upgrade path.

Comment

Upgrade path. http://ask.support.microsoft.com/kb/832288
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Tried researching this yesterday, that link has links to 2007 info, couldn't find 2003 upgrade path info.
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes, when you first click on that link it looks like it is referring to 2003, but when you click on those links it takes you to 2007.

Anyway, the box I have says "Upgrade - the software will install only if you are a licensed user of a previous Microsoft Office product."

When I try to install I get the following error: "The product key you entered requires a version of Microsoft Office 97, 2000, or XP to upgrade."

I don't understand the contradiction. Why can't SB2003 be upgraded to Pro2003?

Comment

Sometimes Small Business products are considered to be outside the standard upgrade path. They may only be able to be upgraded to the 2007 SBS version, if it even exists. You may want to contact Microsoft directly on this one, as it appears they need to update their website.
              ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Products that qualify for the Office 2003 upgrade
                From the above link.

Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003
                Irrespective of where the link takes you, Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 is a product that qualifies for the upgrade. Office 2007 is now out, do you think they will try and sell you an old version of their software or the new one. Talk to your local software vendor and tell them what you want.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X