Hang ups in Office XP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang ups in Office XP

In both Word and Excel (office 2003 SP2) running on windows XP, when in the application I click "file" then "open" and get the "open" dialog box. The default "look in:" location is my documents. If I click the drop down menu next to "look in:" the application freezes and I get the not responding error. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Hang ups in Office XP

This really should be posted int he Office forum.

Reported to MODs for action.

OP

Do you have any mapped drives on your computer??

Comment

moved.....
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by mishiago View Post
        In both Word and Excel (office 2003 SP2) running on windows XP, when in the application I click "file" then "open" and get the "open" dialog box. The default "look in:" location is my documents. If I click the drop down menu next to "look in:" the application freezes and I get the not responding error. Has anybody else experienced this problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I have had this happen on machines that have drives mapped to another Domain and the connection to the second Domain is broken (router down, other Server down/offline).
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I had the same problem and to mapped network drives that were currently not connected. Disconnecting these drives resolved this problem.

Comment

I have two different VPN connections that occasionally is up with a total of five different mappings, and when not online the drop down lists freezes (only in Office 2003). Unmapping is not an option because I use them every day.

The "solution" (unmapping) is like
            Problem: It takes two minutes to swap between channels on my TV with my new remote control.
            Cause: Your control tries to establish a connection with all TV's in the household but TV sets that are on standby does not respond. They have to be turned on or unplugged.
            Solution: Turn on or unplug all TV sets that are on standby.

Is there any BETTER solution to this out there???

Comment

Working...
            X