"save as..." not working word 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "save as..." not working word 2003

I am running Office 2003 on Citrix, Windows Server 2003. When users try to save in word, nothing happens. Admins don't have this problem, Users are able to open from Word, and can save in excel and powerpoint. I have installed all Office updates and tried a repair and reinstall. Any help is appreciated. thanks!!!

Matt Mullins

Re: "save as..." not working word 2003

do you mean when they click on save, or save as, nothing happens, or the window to select the location of the file (renaming it, etc) comes up, then hitting save, it doesn't actually save?

If admins don't have a problem, I'm guessing permission problem. Check the folder permissions of where the files are being stored at, as well as the program folder itself (all of the preceding for excel, powerpoint, and word).
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

When they click on save as... nothing happens. Even if they close word and it asks if they want to save and they click yes, nothing happens. I have checked all the permissions that i know to. i have run regmon and filemon and nothing is coming up as denied. thanks for the help.

Comment

ok.... update.... i was playing around and found that if i changed the terminal services setting to Relaxed Security and then logged on with a user, everything worked fine. if i then, logged off and set the settings back to Full Security and logged back on with that same user it still worked. Obviously I cannot leave the server on relaxed security so what does that setting actually affect? Thanks again! *i think we are getting closer*

Matt

Comment

Working...
        X