No announcement yet.

Partially Installing MSOffice 2000 from CD

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partially Installing MSOffice 2000 from CD

I hope this is the correct Forum for this post . I've chosen it as I don't see any referring to Office 2000 specifically.

I only want to install MS Access from the Office 2000 CD but keep getting the full install.

When I select CUSTOM INSTALL , I get the list of components of the Office Suite , each one with a little "+" sign next to it.

I changed this sign to a "-ve" sign against each of the undesired components , i.e. I put a "-ve" sign against WORD, OUTLOOK,EXCEL,POWERPOINT ...etc but these were all installed with ACCESS which was the only one I had left with a "+" sign.

What am I doing wrong here, please ?

Re: Partially Installing MSOffice 2000 from CD

I did a partial install of Office XP on my machine w/ Office 2003 just to get Photo Editor.

I realize this isn't Office 2000 but the tips in the following link may help:

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

The "+" and "-" signs are not plus and minus - they are "expanded" and "collapsed".

You need to select the icon to the RIGHT of the "+", next to the feature you want to remove, and select " X Not Available". That feature will then not be installed.

The picture is a snap from Office 2003 setup; but they're almost the same.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Stonelaughter; 13th January 2007, 22:46. Reason: Attached picture

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Reply to STONELAUGHTER and RVALSTAR.

Thanks for those replies. Much appreciated.