Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0x000118b error in Office2003

Hi everyone.
    I have this error message in one of my TS servers, on which Office2003 is installed. The server is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Ed and it serves some 30 users. Any ideas what this may be?

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Microsoft Office 11
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1000
    Date: 12/19/2006
    Time: 9:02:55 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer:
    Description:
    Faulting application winword.exe, version 11.0.8106.0, stamp 44f8a192, faulting module intlname.dll, version 11.0.6467.0, stamp 41fe67f3, debug? 0, fault address 0x000118ba.

TIA.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Re: 0x000118b error in Office2003

How often does it occur?
    Have users reported any errors from their side?
    What are they doing when the error occurs.

At the moment, it is difficult to say if its an MS Office related error or TS related -- I assume you googled for the error code and got nothing?

Is your Office 2003 installation fully patched / up to date? The DLL is mentioned in the SP2 fixes

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      How often does it occur?
      Checked the Event Viewer, until October 29th happened every other day. Since then, nothing, until this morning. It might be an issue solved by an update, and it appeared again today, after the server crashed and I revived it from image.
      Have users reported any errors from their side?
      What are they doing when the error occurs.
      Nope, nobody said anything. These are public stations, in the worst case, the user just goes to another station.
      I assume you googled for the error code and got nothing?
      Yeap, I did.

Is your Office 2003 installation fully patched / up to date? The DLL is mentioned in the SP2 fixes
      Since the servers are production, cannot update them now. I will check the issue in the evening, after the closing hour.

Thanks for your prompt response. I'll keep everyone posted.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Did you apply the Office Transforms when you installed it? Was TS already installed when you installed Office?

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
          Did you apply the Office Transforms when you installed it?
          No, I installed from the original disc (first the localized version and then the English Language Pack).
          Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
          Was TS already installed when you installed Office?
          - Yes.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311241/en-us and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828955/en-us

You must install Office on a Terminal Server by using the Office Transforms otherwise it will not work as advertised.
            Last edited by Stonelaughter; 19th December 2006, 11:01.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

10nx, Tom, for your response, but no news here.
              I always install software on the TS servers from Add/Remove Software, and I didn't need to customize the installation. According to the first article, there's no need for transformation file.
              I am installing at the moment another test TS server, with Office2003, I will see if the error remains and keep you all posted.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Working...
              X