Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipstreaming Office 2003 Query -

Hello -

Read w/ great interest the instructions pertaining to slipstreaming SP2 into Microsoft Office. Wish to ask whether or not it is possible to create a slipstreamed disc that requires one to enter the product key upon initiating installation (as opposed to the license/product key integrated in the resulting slipstreamed disc)? Also, could someone please highlight the protocol and files needed in order to make the slipstreamed disc bootable? Thanks in advance.

Re: Slipstreaming Office 2003 Query -

Why would you need Office to be bootable?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I think he means an "autorun" feature
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

How to slipstream Office 2003 SP2. http://www.petri.com/office_system_2...pstreaming.htm
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          Thanks for the replies thus far; yes, poor choice of wording pertaining to boot - autorun more aptly describes about which I was asking...

As for the instructions in the URL indicated, the license key is integrated into the slipstreamed disc - could someone please provide instructions as to how to create a slipstreamed disc that prompts for the license key to be manually entered upon initiating installation of said slipstreamed software.

Thanks again.

Comment

Read this and just reverse the process. http://www.petri.com/install_office_...the_cd_key.htm
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I've just taken my "stupid" pill and it is working!!!!

Read all I could about slipstreaming Office 2003, but nothing makes sense to me. The sticking point is that the file <setup.exe> is in the <x:\files\owc10> or <x:\files\owc11> folders, so how can the command <x:\setup.exe /a> work? It is unrecognisable to the system.

I have installed Office from this CD and now I would like to slipstream it, but all my attempts have failed. I had to supply a <key> on installing it, but when experimenting with various variables to slipstream, it never asked me for a <key> and created 3 files.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks.

Comment

Do you have the Administration version of Service Pack 2 or just the standard Service Pack 2?
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks for the answers/comments

1] Yes I have the Admin SP2 CD
                  2] When slipstreaming Office 2003 + SP2, how many files are created, please? In my first attempt, it only created 3 files. Is that correct?
                  3] In one article I read that I should not just copy the Office 2003 installation disk to the HDD. In another, it says I should!! What is right?
                  4] It would be preferable if, on insertion, it would <autorun>.

Thanks again.

Comment

Which version of Office 2003 are you using?
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I've only installed 3 components: Word, Excel, & Powerpoint.

Word : 11.6568.6568 SP2
                      Excel : 11.8012.6868 SP2
                      Ppt : 11.6564.6568 SP2.

Is this what you're after?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X