Protect Bookmarks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protect Bookmarks

Heres one for all you clever people. We have templates made up with bookmarks in them which intereacts with a database and fills in the relevant info. Now if a user deletes one bookmark it will create a run time error 5941 which means a bookmark has been deleted and it cant print the doc. I have read you cannot protect bookmarks but all of ours are protected apart from one which isn't. The guy that done the development stuff has left the co so nobody knows how to fix the problem.

Your thots plz

Cheers

Re: Protect Bookmarks

Can you check properties for the protected bookmarks and then apply the same to the unprotected one?

Are you allowed to post the document here for us to look at?

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I can't post the template on here, this may sound like a daft question but how do I see the props of a bookmark.

Cheers

Comment

Well, our friend gives some links: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...operties&meta=

It may be necessary to do it through script -- if so, you will need into the VB editor and look at any code already in the template.

Is it worth calling the original developer back on a contract basis to (a) fix it and (b) document the setup or you

Good Luck!
        Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Cheers Tom. VBscript it is, my mate thinks he's pretty good at that stuff so I'll give him the challenge.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X