Excel 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel 2003

Hi everyone, I had a slight problem with an excel spreadsheet. When I opened the spreadsheet parts of its had a no entry sign over it when you hovered over it which I guess means protected. It also said at the top of the Title bar the file name and in bracketts (group) I was unable to make changes to the text that appeared protected but when I moved to another sheet and then moved back to the first sheet I could then type in the part that was protected before and the (group) in title bar had disapeared.

Does anyone know why this happened and what does (group) mean.

Thanks

Re: Excel 2003

Group means you have multiple worksheets selected. Right click on the name of the sheet you want (at the bottom of the screen) and select UNGROUP from the menu:
    Attached Files
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Brilliant,cheers. Would that effect how parts of the doc were protected tho.

Comment

Originally posted by tolmie View Post
        Brilliant,cheers. Would that effect how parts of the doc were protected tho.
        SHould be separate from protection, so you will probably need the password for the workbook

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X