Locating Office key in CD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locating Office key in CD

I would like to know if it is possible to search a CD with office for the key so that I can load the program. I lost the key before I had a chance to load the program

Re: Locating Office key in CD

Originally posted by bounceallback View Post
    I would like to know if it is possible to search a CD with office for the key so that I can load the program.
    No
    I lost the key before I had a chance to load the program
    That was quick
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

To expand on the eloquence of Lior_S, if Microsoft were to embed the key in the CD, everyone on the Internet would soon know how to decrypt. Wouldn't be much of a revenue stream in that, would there?
      Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

I would like to know if it is possible to search a CD with office for the key so that I can load the program. I lost the key before I had a chance to load the program
        The key is located on the back of the jewel case the CD came in. Try turning the case over.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I think he means he forgot to copy the key when he downloaded his dodgy copy of office
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
            I think he means he forgot to copy the key when he downloaded his dodgy copy of office
            Not exactly. If I had it installed there are programs to find the number on the computer

Comment

Not exactly. If I had it installed there are programs to find the number on the computer
              Yes... but if you had it installed, then you had a valid key, along with online activation. You didn't have it installed, and you don't seem to have a valid key... what happened to the jewel case which the CD came in when you bought it? How did you manage to lose the jewel case without losing the disk?

The number is securely stored on the computer after you have manually entered it from the back of the CD case, and after it has been validated by Microsoft's validation algorithm. The original key is not stored anywhere except on the CD case in writing because Microsoft's validation algorithm can verify its authenticity without the need to directly compare it with anything.

Tom
              For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
              X