No announcement yet.

Powerpoint error, please help !!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerpoint error, please help !!

hi all,

I received a Powerpoint presentation, 4mb in size, i'm receiving error everytime I open the file on my PC, but it opens without any error on other PC. I'm sure my powerpoint has no problem or corrupted because I can open other files except for that file only. I'm using Windows XP and my office is version 2002. sp3 here is the error that I received:
    POWERPNT.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for
    the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information
    you were working on might be lost.

error signature
    appname: powerpnt.exe app ver.10.0.4205.0 modname: ntdll.dll
    modver :5.1.2600.1217 offset: 00008ddf

Re: Powerpoint error, please help !!

Try repairing the Office installation on your affected PC. It does have the same version of Office, doesn't it? You could also download the PowerPoint Viewer from Microsoft and see if you can open the file that way. If it still errors, this could indicate you have something wrong with your machine, like spyware, virus etc.
    Last edited by biggles77; 9th November 2006, 15:25. Reason: Sorry Tom, missed seeing what Forum it was in.
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

Re: Powerpoint error, please help !!

Are you getting problems with any other powerpoint files?

Moving this thread to Office Forum for better response

Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **