Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile problem in Office XP

Hi y'all,
    I need help ASAP! I have a user who cannot access his word documents-running on Office XP SP3 and Win XP SP2. Everytime he tries to, word crashes-word has encountered an error...recover- but no recovery of any sort happens. However when I log into the same system I am able to access the said documents. I think his profile is messed up and I am unable to sort it out. Anyone please help.

Gee

Re: Profile problem in Office XP

1. Log on as an administrator
    2. RENAME the users profile within c:\documents and settings\<username>
    3. Allow the user to log back on (this will create a new profile)
    4. Copy the users favourites and documents from his old profile into his new profile (You need to do this via an account with admin privilages)
    5. Test

Obviously this is will only work if the users is using local profiles. If he is using a roaming profile then you will also have to rename the profile on the server.

Hope it helps

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks... However it is a roaming profile and would rather not rename the profile on the server coz there are many other sytems tagged to that profile.

Comment

Hey Michael,
        Thanks I actually followed your instructions and renamed the local profile because I realised the profile in the server was intact. Yeepie! you are the best!!!

Comment

NP - glad it's sorted!!!

Originally posted by gacokikenya View Post
          you are the best!!!
          Chris look!!!! - Na na na naaa naaa.

Michael
          Michael Armstrong
          www.m80arm.co.uk
          MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X