Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new xp pro on server 2003, outlook import problems.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new xp pro on server 2003, outlook import problems.

I am having trouble with a machine(XP PRO) wich i put on a domain with server 2003. The old computer had an Email.pst file with mail wich I wanted to "import" to the new computer, thus doing so, the machine asked to restart, wich is normal, but when I logged in as the user, it stood still on 'applying computer setting' for ever!. Please help me in this matter.

Re: new xp pro on server 2003, outlook import problems.

importing a PST file does not tell you to restart...

and
    'applying computer setting' for ever!.

is it always? or is it your first boot? and you still did not log in yet?

if it not log in... try in save mode... and then reboot and try to log in normal
    MCSE 2000 Done
    RHCE Done

Comment

thank you for your reply..... What I ment was that i wanted to pull outlook (wich is a pst file) from the server to the new computer's outlook, so that the mail on the server could be applied to that of the new computer wich is on newly put on the domain. And for the second part of the reply..... i logged on as the user and password on the said domain, and then the window, after logging in says; 'aplying computer settings' and stays like that period. I rebooted after that and logged in again, but still the same thing happens. the safe mode wont help, same result. (I hope that is more clearer to the point, my english tenses is not that good, i speak a totally different language.-

Comment

Draquen, try logging on as to the machine as an Administrator and check that the DNS is pointing to the local DNS server. Incorrect DNS can cause this message to appear but it will eventually logon.

Option 2 (and I think this is more likely) delete the profile you are trying to logon with as I think it may have been corrupted. By deleting it and logging on with the same name it should create a new profile that will work.

Once we get you logged on with the required User Name we can sort out the .PST file. I don't know what country you are from, but your English is pretty good so don't get frustrated and give up.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

thank you biggles77, I created a new profile like you said, and it is working like a charm..... my problem still lies with the .pst file, how do i import the outlook file (email.pst) to the new computer, without loosing the mail, the setup is already done and I mapped all the programmes, as well as set the user on the domain to recieve all that is needed, except his excisting mails.
          I just have to add, this is my first forum I've joined, and the responce and help I am getting is great.... thank you

Comment

To import a PST file have a look here

Please ignore sections that don't count

http://domino.lancs.ac.uk/pub/usghel...F?OpenDocument

Comment

thanks to wullieb1, biggles77 and yaniv.... you guys helped me out of a fix here, forums is my new best friend.

Comment

On behalf of the 3 of us, you are welcome. You have also done well yourself, so have one yourself.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X