Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slipstream non-enterprise office 2k3?

howdy!

i've always done pretty well slipstreaming using your instructions, thx! up through office 2k2, that is. it seems i've met my match in 2k3. we've got a select (i think) agreement with ms for office 2k3 pro, not proplus. any way to slipstream that puppy? (i did try. but it craps out with a 'version' error while trying to patch). some smart mofo must have figgered it out, right?

thx!

Re: slipstream non-enterprise office 2k3?

Does this version have OneNote in it? I believe the Pro version is missing FrontPage but not sure about OneNote. We use a VLK version of O2K3 and I found no way to slipstream SP2 onto it due to it having the different SPs for Office and OneNote. They appeared to stuff each other up. That no withstanding, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that I had cocked the whole proceedure up!
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

hi biggles. no, there is no onenote or frontpage. (there is infopath, though. whaddya know?) also, if it makes any difference, this 'project' is based on a non-sp'd cd that i'm trying to bump straight to sp3. (the file in the office folder after doing an admin install is pro11.msi).

there ya have it...

thx, again!

Comment

Don't forget you need the Admin SP and not the regular SP. Is SP3 for O2K3 available or is it a typo?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

i'm so glad that my first post here shows what a moron i am. did you know that you can't apply sp3 for office xp to office 2003? well, it's true!

apparently, i took the wrong fork in the road. i have now downloaded and applied sp2 for office 2k3 successfully. funny how that works.

thx for setting me straight, biggles!

Comment

I would like to correct a wrong assumption on your part. A moron would not have come here and asked the question you did.

This is a place of learning and you now have something money can't buy and that is experience. So, well done on your post and and the picking up of a small error that caused a big problem AND for posting back that your problem was fixed. I would bet that this post will help someone who has a similar problem one day.

Hope we see more of you in the near future.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X