Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• office xp product key help

Hello All,
    I'm new to this site and consider myself mediocre when it comes to pc's. Two years ago I aquired Office XP from my university from student services at no charge. I loaded it, used it for two years, no problems.Recently I re-formatted my hard drive (MS XP) and neglected to back up my office stuff. I no longer have the product key(who knows what iIdid with it), and am able to install but not use. I have been to several sites, tried their software (all free), but none were able to help. Is it because it's nor officially installed until the product key is entered? I caled MS and got the proverbial run around. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Maynard

Re: office xp product key help

Hi maynard. Welcome to the forum.
    Anything that circumvents the product key I imagine would be illegal.
    Why not call up the university tell them your situation? They might be able to either give you the key for your media or give you new media and a new key.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

There are numerous products available that will interegate your registry and tell you the product key of the office installation you are running.

one common such application is prodoukey.
      To be crystal clear, You will need office to be sucsessfully installed and able to run, before you can use produkey to get the product key.

Comment

I'm a little worried about the first sentence "acquired office at no charge".
        MAYNARD, could you please assure us that this is a legal copy that you are entitled to use? If not, I'm afraid I'm going to have to lock this thread.

No more posts from other members until we have this sorted out, please!

Thanks
        Tom
        Last edited by Ossian; 11th October 2006, 11:16.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Mate, I am just providing info as to how to go about obtaining the product key of a legally owned, licensed, installed and operational Office installation.

How the original poster aquired his copy of office is between himslef and the uni / microsoft.

I like to assume in general terms that the people that are posting are above board and bona fide, and reserve my judgement until I have reason to think other wise

Comment

Originally posted by SmileyFella
            Mate, I am just providing info as to how to go about obtaining the product key of a legally owned, licensed, installed and operational Office installation.

How the original poster aquired his copy of office is between himslef and the uni / microsoft.

I like to assume in general terms that the people that are posting are above board and bona fide, and reserve my judgement until I have reason to think other wise
            Sorry, it was MAYNARD I should have asked -- didnt read the authors properly.
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by maynard
              Hello All,
              I'm new to this site and consider myself mediocre when it comes to pc's. Two years ago I aquired Office XP from my university from student services at no charge. I loaded it, used it for two years, no problems.Recently I re-formatted my hard drive (MS XP) and neglected to back up my office stuff. I no longer have the product key(who knows what iIdid with it), and am able to install but not use. I have been to several sites, tried their software (all free), but none were able to help. Is it because it's nor officially installed until the product key is entered? I caled MS and got the proverbial run around. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
              Maynard
              Contact your Student Services for a replacement key. We have similar agreements with various Microsoft products at various educational institutes in Australia. However, you SHALL need the key from Student Services otherwise;
              a) it will be illegal
              b) it won't work and I am not telling you why.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
              X