X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A User can't get mails from certain users

Dear,

Outlook 2002/Exchange server:

I have a user who can receive emails from everyone in the organization except that he can't receive from 7 people.

This user is an domain admin therefore, there are no restrictions on his account.

Thanks

Re: A User can't get mails from certain users

Are they blocked in Junk Mail on his machine?
    Is a rule set up to block them?

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

no rules or anything.

Comment

Have the 7 users accidently block email to the Admin? It is not beyond the realms of user "ingenuity".
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Assuming that there are no blocking etc... is there a way to troubleshoot this problem on my Exchange box?

Thanks

Comment

I would start with one of the blocked users, do they get an error message when they send? Get them to send to it and cc someone else so you can check they do not have the wrong address?

Harriet

Comment

Delete the mailbox on the local PC in the control panel, re-create the profile in Microsoft Outlook and see if that doesnít work, other wise use exmerge and make a .pst of the account from the exchange server, delete the account in Exchange and re-create it, import the .pst in to the user's mailbox and see if that doesnít work. I donít think it's a rule in the mailbox that is causing this I think heís/her mailbox or profile is corrupt.

Comment

Working...
              X