Creating lables using a merge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating lables using a merge?

My aim is to create lables for parts which come in from suppliers.

I have created an Excel workbook to store the definitions of the parts and the QTDs ordered & supplied in this format:

.................................................. ...................................... Order Qty....... Rxd..........Oustanding
    .................................................. ...................................... Date.............. Date
    Make......Model......Cartridge......Printhead..... .Colour......User......13/09/2006......18/09/2006

The headers start in row 3.

I have created a Word doc formatted to the labels I want to print. I want to print X labels, where X is the number in the Rxd column for each row. Is this possible? How?

Office 2003.
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Re: Creating lables using a merge?

Macros!

Actually, have you checked out the label printing facilities in Word -- there are a lot of hidden features there.

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I've looked thru all the settings and they seem to be very basic. I'm an XL vba programmer so I don't know where to start with Word. Does anyone have a MailMerge macro for Word which I can run off?
      |
      +-- JDMils
      |
      +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
      |

Comment

You would probably be best using the "record" feature and then examine the code produced.

This link is not quite what you want but may help:
        http://wordtips.vitalnews.com/Pages/...ed_Labels.html

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X