Access 2003 queries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access 2003 queries

I have done this before and for the life of me I canít remember it!

I have a database I use to track issues in our department. One of the fields is called status and it can have a value of Active, Pending or Closed. I would like to be able to run a report and have it total the different amounts of Active, Pending and Closed issues so I can see at a glance how many are at each status.

Can someone please help ?

thanks

Re: Access 2003 queries

In Report, add a grouping level on the Status Field.
    Add a blank text box and as the data source, enter =count(status)

Hide the detail if you want

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Ossian

Could you let me know the syntax so I could use the count function to display something like

Open = 44
      Closed = 118
      Pendin = 9

So I could get a summary of all the status's ?

Comment

Well, I did it by taking out everything in the detail section and making it zero height. All I got was a column of field header sections.

As always with Access Reports, a lot of fiddling required to get it right, but (from my sample dB) I got more or less where I wanted very fast.

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X