Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Office 365/Share point one Drive site name change ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office 365/Share point one Drive site name change ?

We use Office 365 and the One drive in our organization and ADFS setup to sync users from Active Directory to create and manage users in 365. A problem we've discovered is that when a users name changes (married) I can change it in AD and that will show in 365 but the users sharepoint site to one drive still shows the original name so for example if jsmith changed to jjones the original sharepoint onedrive site is

https: //crdistrict-my.sharepoint .com/personal/jsmith_OURDOMAIN/_layouts/15/start.aspx#/Documents/Forms/All.aspx

and the new one should be

https: //crdistrict-my.sharepoint .com/personal/jjones_OURDOMAIN/_layouts/15/start.aspx#/Documents/Forms/All.aspx

I found in the Admin console under sharepoint settings etc places to update the user to the new name and I make the change and hit save and close and in a few min its back to the original. It won't let me change it. Anyone else run across this
    Last edited by Ossian; 24th February 2015, 09:40.

Re: Office 365/Share point one Drive site name change ?

Jason, can you post screen shots as your links (internal maybe) don't work.

Thanks. (I hate it when bloody names are changed. Causes all sorts of time consuming issues and there is always the one location your miss until it crops up several months later. )
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Screen shots of what the URL? I included those in the original question. I could post a screen shot of the Office 365 Sharepoint admin page for that user where it shows the wrong name. it'll let me change it there and hit save but as soon as the user logs in it resets it back to the old name. I can't find where its getting the old name from

Comment

The LINKS you posted do NOT work when posted OUTSIDE of your network hence the need for screenshot so we can see what you see when you click on the links. I assume you copied the URLs (links) while you were at work or connected via a VPN.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I think he means the text of the links to be an example of the change he requires.

Edited original post to remove URLs
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
            I think he means the text of the links to be an example of the change he requires.

Edited original post to remove URLs
            Thanks Tom, that makes sense now. I really need to learn to read, eh.

I did create a script (hope you were all sitting down when you read that) well modified actually for SharePoint 2007 that created a profile page whenever a new user logged on. No idea how the one you use works but I would imagine you may need to create the new Profile and then copy all the data from the previous name across. Having said that, I bet there is some clever little code bunny that could write a simple script that could do all that for you and maintain any links that were nested in the old name/account/profile.

Of course I may just be talking though a large hole in my bum such is my knowledge of SharePoint now.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X