Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory Sync

Hi,

I'm just trying to get straight in my head the reason for using Azure Active Directory Premium P1 am I correct in thinking you can DirSync from your domain without this license and what are the benefits of using this. I have tried to read up on it and get an understanding but I cant see any reason to utilise it as all we're looking to do at this time is sync our users to use email.

Unless I'm missing something?

Thanks

You DO NOT need Azure Active Directory Premium P1 to use Azure AD Connect. Azure AD Connect is available and supported with Azure Active Directory Free, which is the base Azure AD you get with every Azure/Office 365 subscription.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/clou...ctory-features

Comment

Ah cool so this is for Azure based syncing not on prem syncing. The free Azure AD connect application is all I need and the only licensing I need to assign is one of the O365 E1, E3 etc?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 5habbaranks View Post
        Ah cool so this is for Azure based syncing not on prem syncing. The free Azure AD connect application is all I need and the only licensing I need to assign is one of the O365 E1, E3 etc?

Thanks
        I don't understand what you're asking.

Azure AD Connect is used to sync your on premises AD users and groups to your Azure AD tenant which you get with your Office 365 subscription. You don't need any of the Azure AD Premium licenses. Azure AD Free is what you'll get with your Office 365 subscription and that's all you need.

Comment

Sorry I think I was getting slightly confused - I get it now, so its a free client to do the sync which is ideal. Thanks as always

Comment

Still not quite there yet

I'm looking to sync the domain and mailboxes and then when I'm happy all is sync'd across I will point the MX records to O365 and away we go. Would this be classed as a cutover migration doing everything but point the mx records or is this a staged migration.

As said ideally I would like to run a continual sync until the point to which I'm happy and then save the actual mx change and client configure to a weekend.

Comment

Have a look here and step through the wizard of your choice.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...AAAAAAwAsAABI~

Comment

Thanks - am I correct in thinking you need at least one E1,E3 or exchange based license to get\add the exchange "part" of O365. As my tenant doesn't have it available.

Comment

Yes, you need a subscription that includes Exchange Online.

Comment

Hi,
                    Thanks I'm making progress - little and often. Ive applied a license to a user and have completed the MS Office 365 Hybrid Config wizard. When I look to start a migration batch and select a user there aren't any in there.

Do I need to start the process from a CSV?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X