Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Implementing One Drive and migrating user docs etc

Hi guys,

Having a real tussle with this one Ive added the ADML and ADMX files to start the implementation. The initial policy states to

**DO THE FOLLOWING BEFORE TURNING ON THIS SETTING**
    Please update the default ADMX file template to use your tenant's ID and string for the default OneDrive folder path that you want to use.

I cant seem to find any reference to what this means exactly? Could anyone shed some light on it for me please?

I found the location within the ADMX file

Code:
     <policy name="DefaultRootDir" class="User" displayName="$(string.DefaultRootDir)" explainText="$(string.DefaultRootDir_help)" key="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OneDrive\Tenants\{INSERT YOUR TENANT'S GUID HERE}" valueName="DefaultRootDir">
          <parentCategory ref="OneDriveNGSC" />
          <supportedOn ref="windows:SUPPORTED_Windows7" />
          <enabledValue>
            <string>{INSERT YOUR CHOSEN PATH HERE}</string>
       </enabledValue>
       <disabledValue>
         <string></string>
    Thank you
    Last edited by 5habbaranks; 5th June 2017, 15:58.

Could you post the location to the reference material?
    Here's how to find your tenant ID:https://support.office.com/en-us/art...ad=US&fromAR=1

I suspect the default path is for where you want to have the local path for the OneDrive sync but I'm not sure. I'd have to see the documentation.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Hi,
      I managed to get this going on some machines and its working well. The machines which seem to play up are the ones with Office 2010 on, Ive pushed what I thought was OneDrive for business to their machine but it seems to run as plain old OneDrive.

I cant seem to find an offline installer of OneDrive for business that works so Im testing with the one packed with Office 2013. Am I correct in thinking this shouldn't be a license issue?

Comment

Microsoft merged the OneDrive and OneDrive for Business clients so they are the same thing now.
        https://support.office.com/en-us/art...ad=US&fromAR=1

If you used to use the OneDrive for Business client there are instructions for migrating: https://support.office.com/en-us/art...8-c20de34da6fa
        Regards,
        Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Thanks, I'm having a real time at the minute with some clients. Some machines come up with the following error when you run the initial setup of OneDrive, and the install doesn't complete. This folder does already exist on one machine but doesn't on another so I cant see what else it could be? Any thoughts?

Thanks as always

Comment

Looks like there's a bug in the ADMX template. It's trying to literally use %username% instead of expanding it to the current username. Take a look at this thread: https://social.technet.microsoft.com...um=winserverGP
            Last edited by JeremyW; 30th June 2017, 15:28.
            Regards,
            Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Nice one you were right, although strangely enough Ive now implemented a group policy to add a user environmental setting which doesn't apply. Would that be down to a rights thing even though its been pushed by gp?

Comment

Can you give some detail on what you've configured? Maybe start a new topic if it's not related to the OneDrive ADMX.
                Regards,
                Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Hi,
                  Ive configured the ADMX file with our tenants name and points to the location where I want the onedrive configured %userprofile%\OneDrive - tenants name getting another weird and wonderful Microsoft message when I log into the admin portal that OneDrive is not provisioned - but I go to a client and all is fine checking files are syncing.

Comment

Interesting. Can you post the message verbatim?

Have you checked the licenses (and any sublicenses) are assigned properly?

Here's an example screenshot. Make sure whatever version of Sharepoint Online is enabled:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-10_1210.png
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	511776
                    Regards,
                    Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
                      Interesting. Can you post the message verbatim?

Have you checked the licenses (and any sublicenses) are assigned properly?

Here's an example screenshot. Make sure whatever version of Sharepoint Online is enabled:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-10_1210.png
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	511776
                      Thanks - turns out its a current issue on O365 and OneDrive, M$ are investigating.

User Impact: Admins may observe that users are displayed as "OneDrive is not provisioned" within the Office 365 admin center.

Current status: Our investigation determined that a recent update to the environment inadvertently caused impact to an API call between the Office 365 admin center and SharePoint Online. We've developed a fix and we're preparing to deploy it to the affected environment. We're expecting the deployment to complete before Friday, July 14, 2017.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Good to know.
                        Regards,
                        Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
                          Thanks for the info. Good to know.
                          Hi,
                          Did you say you've implemented this redirecting user profiles to OneDrive? Im just looking at additional documentation with regards to configuring the admx and adml files I cant see a presentation table in the ADML?

Thanks

Comment

I've not used this before. But in the post, the following is added to the ADML:
                            Code:
                            in <stringtable>

<string id="OneDriveSyncFolder">OneDrive Sync Folder</string>     

in <presentationtable>

<presentation id="DefaultRootDir_Pres">
                                   <textBox refId="OneDriveSyncFolder">
                                    <label>OneDrive Sync Folder</label>
                                    <defaultValue>%USERPROFILE%</defaultValue>
                                  </textBox>
                                 </presentation>
                            There is no existing presentationtable.
                            Regards,
                            Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Ideal I thought that might be the case - is there a way to test these modified adml\admx files? I'm hesitant to put them into policy definitions until I can see they are working?

Scrap that I can add them to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions

Comment

Working...
                              X