Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Working Hours

Hi,

Does anyone know a simple way to set the default working hours on Exchange/Office 365?

The company I am working for has mostly UK employees and I want to set the default working hours to be from 8:30am to 6:30pm in order to restrict room bookings to times when the premises are physically open. I know there is a PowerShell cmdlet (Set-MailboxCalendarConfiguration) that will set individual working hours which is fine but I'm not very experienced with PS at present so if there was just a place I could go to set them that would be better for now.

Any ideas?

Thx

Keke
    J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
    The Abyssal Void War: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Something like Get-Mailbox | Set-MailboxCalendarConfiguration should do it
    Build it up bit by bit- use Get-Mailbox and filter to get the list of users you want, then pipe it to the Set cmdlet
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian,

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Something like Get-Mailbox | Set-MailboxCalendarConfiguration should do it
      Build it up bit by bit- use Get-Mailbox and filter to get the list of users you want, then pipe it to the Set cmdlet
      So PowerShell is the only way? Surely there must be somewhere in Admin Centre that would allow me to do it more easily .. besides, as I said above, I'm not very experience with PS (still learning it if truth be known).

Keke

Comment

There may be - I don't use O365 enough to keep up with the changes in the admin interface. Can you set them per user in the admin centre - if so, try selecting users in bulk.
        PowerShell is definitely the preferred way, and all SysAdmins should learn it (for self defence purposes ).
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

OK, thx

Keke

Comment

Here is how you do it and as far as i'm aware it uses the users local time zone

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...c-6c1464541782

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
              Here is how you do it and as far as i'm aware it uses the users local time zone

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...c-6c1464541782
              Thx ... that's blinding

Keke

Comment

Working...
              X