Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office 365 with Outlook 2016 - prompting for username and password

Hi,

As the title suggests I'm connecting to Office 365 with Outlook 2016 and every so often it prompts me for a username and password. The strange thing is I don't have to enter a username or password I just close the box and go to Outlook and within the ribbon a button appears which says something like connect with username and password (has a picture of a key). And once that's pressed it connects to the O365 exchange server without any problems for a while and then prompts again.

Ive gone into the credential manager and made sure that's all correct I even deleted all the entries. Ive also set remember username and password on the client. Also to note if I enter the correct username and password the box comes straight back. Do I need to install the Microsoft Online Service Assistant? As Ive setup O365 with Outlook 2016 before (not within a domain) and it had not issues what's so ever?

Thanks

As an update Ive just connected my "none domain" PC with outlook 2016 on to my Domain hosted O365 email account and it does exactly the same so its obviously not client related - what would be causing it server side?

Thanks

Comment

Have a look through this.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/2984912

We had this for a couple of clients and eventually had to go down the route of the registry edit to get it to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
        Have a look through this.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/2984912

We had this for a couple of clients and eventually had to go down the route of the registry edit to get it to stop.
        Thanks tried this and it still prompts for a password (randomly though not constant at all). Ran the Microsoft checker which finished not detecting any issues and it still continues to prompt.

Comment

Working...
        X