Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migration Batch

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to these questions (because MS Support doesn't)

Im currently running a O365 MAPI sync from my current email server to O365 in prep to fully move over, the support agent told me if I close my browser and shut my machine down the migration batch will stop - is this true? I thought because its server side my machine has nothing to do with it.

Secondly if I rerun the migration batch will it try to re-import the mail that its already synced? The reason I ask this is because I have a CSV which some of the accounts has failed. Ive since created the accounts on O365 and in theory when I re-run the migration batch it will pull the mail for these accounts across. I know I can just edit or create another csv with these accounts on but I was curious to know if I re-ran the batch (which includes the already synced mailboxes what will happen?

Thanks as always and its a shame O365 support don't know the answer :O)

1. False. The migration batch runs in the background.

2. You will have to rerun the migration job. Been there and done that. Easiest thing to do is to get the list of failed users and the reasons why, you can get this by downloading the report, removing the migration job that had the failed users and then creating a new migration job. If you run the job then it will fail with the already migrated users on it.

Comment

Working...
    X