Migration to Office 365 New Outlook Clients still default to local Exchange

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migration to Office 365 New Outlook Clients still default to local Exchange

We've migrated our email from a local Exchange to office 365. Changed the MX records autodiscover etc. For new users when they open Outlook its still defaulting to my old Mail server. If I go into Profiles create new profile (even for a new user that doesn't have one) put in the name, the autodiscover works fills in but I have to set that new profile as default. Is there any way of getting the domain so that when Outlook first opens it defaults to the Office 365 server? We get a lot of user turnover

Did you uninstall Exchange from the internal network? It sounds like Outlook is finding the internal SCP in AD for the on premises Exchange Server.

Comment

No I haven't uninstalled it yet. I have some Apps relaying messages scanners relaying scans etc. Anyway some pother stuff that isn't compatible with Office 365 that I haven't moved off yet so I haven't removed it yet. But all accounts have been migrated off. I did find a command to run on our mail server to remove the entry from our mail server. But I still cannot get the default profile when one first opens up Outlook to use the autodiscover.
      1. Set-ClientAccessServer -Identity “MYMAILSERVER" -AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri $NULL

Comment

No I haven't uninstalled it yet. I still have some applications using it I haven't dealt with yet. I found a PS command to remove the internal URI address. But even that didn't work
        1. Set-ClientAccessServer -Identity “MYSERVER” -AutoDiscoverServiceInternalUri $NULL

Comment

Sorry about the duplicate

Comment

Working...
          X