Office 365 & SSL certificates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office 365 & SSL certificates

I have been asked to deal with a certificate issue.
    Client was SBS2011 with a public UNC certificate and moved to Exchange Online (I was not involved in this)
    public certificate has now expired
    Mobile devices are now refusing to connect and Outlook is reporting certificate errors

Is it just a case of getting a new certificate on the SBS or is there a different process in Exchange Online?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Is it a hybrid setup or just exchange online?

Pretty sure you need to have the exchange cert on the Exchange Online system as that is where it terminates.

Does this help at all?

https://support.office.com/en-ie/art...2-4871590f59ce

Comment

Cheers, Wullie
      It appears to be only for hybrid deployments (this is not - Email was moved off the SBS and Exchange services disabled), but I will read further and see if any clues emerge
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Don't envy you this one Tom - can't imagine SBS 2011 would be too happy at having it's Exchange functionality disabled.

I have a dim memory of a similar issue with an old client where Exchange 2007 had been migrated to O365 and then the VM deleted without a graceful uninstallation, which caused all manner or Outlook issues as the AD accounts tried to autodiscover the local server, and IIRC we never resolved it until I did a DR Exchange install and then a proper cleanup, which isn't an option here.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
        X