No announcement yet.

E3 Enterprise plan

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3 Enterprise plan

I am really new to Office 365.

I am reading that it costs $20 per month per user, the E3 Enterprise plan.

So, if your company has 100 employees, that is $2000 per month !

So, the advantage is supposed to be that you don't have on-premises servers anymore? , but still, every single month, for years, you have to pay such amount?.

Is it worth it ?
    Madrid (Spain).

It really comes down to CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) vs OPEX (Operational Expenditure)
    Lets say full Office 2013/2016 costs $500 (UK cost from the MS site is 400), that would for your 100 users be a $50,000 up front cost. Paying the same over 4 years seems pretty reasonable, until you realise it is really forever because, as soon as you stop paying, you lose the product....
    There are other benefits (upgrades) and drawbacks (compulsory upgrades )

My pricing may be a bit off - when I have looked at it previously, the break even seems to come at just over 3 years.

Ultimately it is a decision based on business cash flow
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

For the Cloud-fanboi, most certainly yes. For us sceptical, paranoid bastard, no effing way. It is a bit like the question, what is the best car? Porche or Ferrari? Ford or Chevrolet? (or in OZ, Ford or Holden) and the list goes on. I prefer Piper or Cessna, Airbus or Boeing.......stupid question. How could anything French be better except at chopping down trees then in that case Airbus wins.
      Departed: 23rd December 2015