No announcement yet.

Office 365 Outlook configuration

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office 365 Outlook configuration

Hello All,

I have O365 email accounts which are configured with outlook 2013, the email boxes are quite heavy (30 - 40 GB).

The user will be migrating to new laptops - Is there any way to use existing PST files with Outlook configuration instead of downloading complete mail box from the web.

If there is workaround , we can save some bandwidth.

Best Regards,

That'll be the OST file not the PST file.

As far as I know you have to download all the email again.

wullie is correct - Outlook uses OST files to cache. These are different to PST files, which are archival in nature (and I truely hope you don't have 30GB PST files.)
      OST files are also not portable. I've tried, many ways. It's obviously got something written in the headers or similar.

What you could to, to prevent this issue, is set the "mail-kept-offline" period in Outlook 2013 to only say 1 month, then increase it one month at a time. This obviously would mean slower response/retrieval times for older emails. It would reduce the actual load on the connection, but not the need to download.

Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

You should be able to move it over with the USMT:

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond

I had a similar issue with several users having 20Gb-30GB. When we migrated to Office365 it was discussed we created .pst files for those users who had large email files. I had to export the ost to a storage device, then convert the file to a pst file and then attache that pst file to thier outlook on the local machines. Thaks goodness it ws only 6 users and not like 20..