Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2010 Auto Deleting Emails

Hi,

I have few email accounts set up in Outlook 2010 (Exchange 2003). One of the user is have issue, his few emails are disappeared automatically from inbox. It's not showing in delete items/Web Access then i have to go through with below mentioned points.

i) re-install office 2010 but still same.
    ii) re-install windows & Office 2010 but still same.
    iii) downgrade office 2010 to 2007 then it works.

Can you please help me to fix this issue with MS Office 2010. It was working fine.

Thanks,

BM

Re: Outlook 2010 Auto Deleting Emails

CHeck for user generated rules (client side and server side)

Confirm the emails actually were there (and actually have disappeared) - don't trust users word on it
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Dear Admin,

Thanks for your quick response. He is not using any rule. And i have checked the emails are disappeared.

I have configure same account with office 2007 on another computer is working fine but when i am opening outlook 2010 few emails disappear on all (2010/2007/web).

Regards,

Abdul Basit

Comment

What about filtered views in Outlook, so he cannot see the emails?

Have you looked into message tracking in Exchange to get a better idea of what is happening?

Regardless of what the user says about rules, I would still use the commandline switch to clear all rules (https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ou...B4uu7Ab-_oGoAQ) and make sure.

Also, the next time you post 4 copies of the same thread, you will be banned -- I have deleted all three other ones. Please follow the forum rules - they are there to help you and us.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Dear Admin,

Apologies for copies.

I have tracked from exchange end. The emails were delivered.

I have checked user's laptop by myself and as i mentioned in my previous reply that i have configured outlook 2007/2003 (another laptop) are working fine. OL 2007/2003 are not deleting emails.

But when i am opening Outlook 2010 then few emails are disappear from outlook 2010 and as well from 2003/2007/web.

Regards,

AB
          Last edited by AB Mughal; 19th February 2014, 09:37.

Comment

Dear Admin,

I am waiting for your response.

Thanks,

BM

Comment

As you should know, all posters here give up their free time to help out. There is no QoS, but equally there is no cost for the information we provide.

Although I had time this morning to deal with your initial post, I have a real job to do (that earns me money).

If you require a response in slightly less than 2 hours, I suggest you contact Microsoft Product Support Services, who have teams of engineers waiting to help. All major credit cards are acceptable, as are souls and first-born children

Have you cleared rules as requested earlier - I appreciate you say there are no rules in place, but that is the most likely cause of the problem.
              Have you given the user a new profile?
              Tom Jones
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

Comment

Hi Admin,

Thanks for your time.

I had rebuild laptop with fresh installation of MS Office 2010 but the issue remain same.

Regards,

Abdul

Comment

Yes, but did you clear the rules (stored on the Exchange server) and did you give the user a new profile (roaming, possibly)?
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

Sounds like a filtering issue, as Ossian suggested. I can't tell you how many times I had to go find someone's missing email when their problem was simply because Outlook was set to only show Unread messages. They couldn't understand why their email was disappearing after reading it.

Comment

how quickly do they disappear ?
                      Is archiving set up ?
                      Can you see them in deleted items?
                      Can you see them in the Dumpster? (Recover deleted items)
                      does the user have an iphone setup or something like that, wrongly?

Disable POP3 and IMAPSVC on your server, see if the problem continues. (Note - this MAY result in people telling you email isn't working.)

the only other instance I've seen something like this happen is when you're using POP3 or IMAP and one device has "remove emails from server when downloaded" and the other doesn't.

If they are using more than one device, do the emails disapper on both devices, or just one ?
                      do thye have a strong, secure password? (change the password!)
                      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
                      X