Transfer Office 2013 license to another Microsoft Live account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Office 2013 license to another Microsoft Live account

When I recently did my first Office 2013 installation for a client, I used my own Microsoft Live account to download and install the software. I now find that the software is "permanently" linked to my Live account. However, I need to transfer the Office 2013 license to a Live account controlled by the client so they can access SkyDrive, and can reinstall Office if needed in the future. Giving them access to my Live account is not an option. I have received a run around with Microsoft and been handed off from dept. to dept. with no success. The most common answer I have received in my multiple attempts to straighten this out with Microsoft is that I need to return the software to my distributor. However, my distributor does not accept returns on opened products!

I can't be the first person with this issue. Anyone have any tips on how to resolve this?

Re: Transfer Office 2013 license to another Microsoft Live account

Unfortunately you'll need to either need to have Microsoft transfer the account (which they might not be able to do since you didn't purchase through them) or go to your distributor and have them return.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Re: Transfer Office 2013 license to another Microsoft Live account

Oh <deity>, another MS licensing nightmare....

Moved to office forums anyway
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X