No announcement yet.

Office 365 / Office 2013 Confusion

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office 365 / Office 2013 Confusion

I am so confused on all the Microsoft branding with its new Office suites. We are a company of 40 employees and we currently have a mixed bag of Office versions installed throughout the building (2003 all the way up to 2010). Its time to start getting some new PCs so I'm trying to figure out what would be the best option for us. We run SBS 2011 w/ Exchange 2010 and handle our own email. I don't plan on using a hosted exchange any time within the next three years. If you use Office 365, it seems like you get hosted Exchange for your business among other things, is that correct? If that's the case, then I definitely don't want to go the route of 365. If I go with Office 2013, what will I be missing out on? Will we still be able to use it with "the cloud"? My boss wants to collaborate on some spreadsheets and word docs with people overseas so she's been running a 365 trial to see if she likes it but she is the only one that would need such collaboration software. Can you still do this sort of thing with Office 2013? I found lots of information out there but all of it is very confusing for my specific purposes here at work.