Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake duplicate emails possibly caused by screen memory

Hello,

When one of my users checks her Outlook 2010 Inbox, just occassionally, she will see that one of the emails is duplicated in the list of emails in the Inbox.

However, when she clicks on it, a different email opens up. This appears to be because this is possibly caused by a screen memory issue. I appear to be able to prove this by scrolling the email(s) out of the view, and then back again, effectively doing a screen redraw for the Outlook part of the screen. The duplicate will then disappear and everything will look normal.

So something is causing duplication, fake or otherwise, but no one else seems to get this problem, and I've never seen it. What can be done about it?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Fake duplicate emails possibly caused by screen memory

Can you give us a bit more information about the computer, including the graphics card and general hardware specs?

Have you updated graphics drivers? (if not, try, if so, roll back)
    Does the problem appear with any other applications?
    Have you fully patched Outlook?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The graphics card is an integrated ATI Radeon HD 3450, in a Dell Optiplex 980.

Spec. is a Core i3, shows up as 3GHz, 32-bit o/s, 160GB HD with 104Gb free.

Outllook is fully patched, as is Windows, graphics driver is the latest, nothing to roll back to.

Problem does not appear with any other app.

Cheers.

Comment

What RAM and Page file settings, please?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

RAM is 3GB and page file is automatic, current auto settings show...

Min 16 MB
          Recommended 4497 MB
          Currently allocated 2998 MB (pagefil.sys is showing this size)
          This is just with system on, no user apps running.

I will instead manually allocate 4497 MB, about 1.5 times the RAM size, which is Microsoft's recommendation. I'll see if that helps.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X