No announcement yet.

Opening Excel 2010 reports file is currently in use. Select Notify to continue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Excel 2010 reports file is currently in use. Select Notify to continue

I am using Windows 7, 64-bit, SP3 with Office 2010 in a Domain enviornment. Since receiving Windows 7, everytime I open my excel file, it states it is open by another user. I am the only one who has this file open and am the owner. Selecting 'Notify' does allow me to proceed further but I would like this to go away.

In a previous post from 2010, a member stated the following: "Thanks Lior_S, you pointed me in the right direction but it wasn't just a case of changing the view to list or small icons or whatever but you need to turn of the bottom preview bar in the options. Now all I need to do is deploy that via a group policy".

I wanted to see what Lior_S meant by "turn off the bottom preview bar in options".

Does anyone have an understanding of this? Maybe I'm reading into this too much but I can not find the solution, hence my post.

If anyone has a solution to this issue in general, I would greatly appreciate it.

New member,

Peter

Re: Opening Excel 2010 reports file is currently in use. Select Notify to continue

Issue resolved -

Open Windows Explorer or ‘My Documents’. Click ‘Organize’ from under the Menu Bar, select ‘Layout’ and uncheck both: Details Pane and Preview Pane. Menu Pane and Navigation Pane should be selected by default.

Comment

Working...
    X