Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel Data combination

Hi

Have two excel sheets which contain information I want to merge into a single sheet. Sheet1 Contains "Request ID" and "requester E-mail Address" Sheet2 contains "Request ID" and "Requester Name". What I want is that if both sheets have the same value in "Request ID" it must combine the "Requester E-mail Address" field from Sheet1 to Sheet2 for that "Request ID" row.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks
    Dewalt Kotze

Re: Excel Data combination

Assuming ID in col A on both an email in col B on sheet 1 and you want it in col C of sheet 2

formula in Sheet2 cell C2 is
    =IF(sheet1!A2 = sheet2!A2,sheet1!B2,"")

If I've picked that up wrong, please post a screenshot or XLS file
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian

Thanks for thereply, the statement works thank you very much, but I think I explained it incorrectly. What I need is that if there is a value in Column A of sheet1 that is the same as a value in Column A of sheet2, then it must copy the value in column B of sheet1 to sheet2.

It should not matter in which row the value is, for instance if Sheet1 A4 = Sheet2 A8 then Sheet1 B4 must show in Sheet2 B8.

I am not sure of this will be possible.

regards
      Dewalt
      Last edited by Dewer; 16th November 2011, 11:36.

Comment

OK, probably a vlookup function
        something like (in Sheet2 Cell B8 (from your example)
        =IF(ISNA(MATCH(A8,Sheet1!A:A),"NOT FOUND",VLOOKUP(A8,Sheet1!A:B,2))

MATCH checks for value and returns #N/A if not found
        ISNA returns true if #N/A and passes to IF

Not really tested but should give you a starting point
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X