changing interface language

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing interface language

Hi, I'm trying to add interface languages in office 2010. The help and kb articles just go in loops, and didn't get if I have to ass languages in windows (7) as well, or if I can just add languages (interface only) I have 3 editing languages (French, English, Italian) in the office 2010 languages preferences, but only "match Microsoft Windows <default>" and "english" in the display and help languages.

I have a multilanguage CD...

many thanks

Simon

Re: changing interface language

Can you post a screen capture of Word 2010, File, Language page so we can see how it is setup. Also don't understand if you have added the appropriate languages to the operating system

My daughter has English (Australian) set as the Default but is able to type in Japanese by choosing the appropriate language from the Windows 7 Language Bar.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Here it is. And yes, I don't understand if I can change ONLY the office disply language (menus etc.) or if I must also change W7 interface language. Btw I have w7 pro which does not allow to change interface language (I know you can do it, but not "oficially", I did it already)
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Simoncu
        (I know you can do it, but not "oficially", I did it already)
        And that there may be the problem.
        Got this from a site that does what is not supported in your O/S verson.
        Reboot Windows and voilá.
        Now you have Windows 7 Professional/Home Premium with multi-language support.
        The only bad thing that I noticed was: all time that you want to change the language, you must to use the Vistalizator, because the Windows 7 Professional and Home Premium doesn't support this feature natively.
        (Highlighting is mine) As you can see, Windows 7 Pro will not change the Default language unless it is done through the hack app. I would suggest to make life easier, purchase a copy of Windows 7 that does support this feature natively. It is going to save you a lot of hassles for as long as you require multi language support.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X