Office 2010 - Home and Business Edition Deployment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office 2010 - Home and Business Edition Deployment

Im trying to find a way of deploying MS Office 2010 Home and Business OEM in my network.

Im buying 120+ machines all with Win7 Pro and Office 2010 Home and Business OEM preinstalled.

Because of the amount of crapware that comes preinstalled on these machines I want to wipe them all and then build a new image and deploy them. I have volume licence keys for Windows 7 Pro and MS will allow me to use this for an OEM licence, as long as its like for like.

However as MS doesnt offer Home and Business through the Volume Licence Program (at least not that i can find!).

So does anyone have any suggestions for a deployment plan for this software, I dont mind having to activate each machine again however id rather not have to install the entire package on each machine after it has been imaged.

Any suggestions at all? Considered deploying the package via group policy but not sure how it would work, if at all consiering it supposed to be for Office Pro installs.

thanks,

Jon

Re: Office 2010 - Home and Business Edition Deployment

you'd probably need to make a package with the insaller and push it out, then manually key in every licence code.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: Office 2010 - Home and Business Edition Deployment

I figured that was the case, going to be a bit of a pain but necessary im afraid.

The issue ive got now is can i used the PKC serial number on a retail Home and Business installation?

What im thinking I could do, is use my VL key for Windows 7, install retail Home and Business 2010 and not activate it, then create an image. Then once the image is deployed, key in the codes for each machine and activate.

Anyone tried or know if the retail media will work with the PKC's?

thanks,

Jon

Comment

Working...
      X