Attempting to Put an AVI File into PowerPoint 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempting to Put an AVI File into PowerPoint 2010

I am working on a presentation and I am trying to insert an AVI file. When I try to play the file it goes black.

Then I tried to embed a WMP player into my PowerPoint by selecting customized ribbon and checking the developer box. I got the player to be embedded and directed the URL to my video file. It worked, however when I emailed it to a co-worker, they couldn't play the file. I assume it is because they didn't have the file on their PC.

How can I attach this video and get it to work on another person's PC?

Thanks to all that can help

Re: Attempting to Put an AVI File into PowerPoint 2010

How are you embedding the file?
    When you embed it to the powerpoint file it becomes part of it and it doesn't matter where it is saved. You may however check the size of the avi file and maybe increase the size of the embedded files option in powerpoint.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

however, be aware there is also a size limit on powerpoint media attachments if i remember, something like100Mb
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I just had a look over and apparently the option to adjust the size limit is no longer there in 2010 ( previously from 100KB up to 50 MB).

This also confirms it:

This section provides information about removed features in PowerPoint 2010.
        The audio/video link and embed feature has replaced the maximum sound file size embed feature. In Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007, this appears in two locations: 1) as Max Sound File Size (KB) in Sound Tools | Options | Sound Options and 2) Link sounds with file size greater than in PowerPoint Options. This feature was necessary before because you were only able to embed of .wav files less than a certain size, as specified at one of the two places. In PowerPoint 2010, you can embed any file of any size so that these two features are no longer necessary.
        The functionality is still there, but only as part of the new audio/video insertion behavior. The feature itself is deprecated.
        You will not see Max Sound File Size (KB) in the ribbon and Link sounds with file size greater than in PowerPoint Options. Instead, the audio/video link and embed feature will replace this functionality. You will be able to do the same thing with fewer limitations and also do it directly when a media file is inserted.

Ref: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc179126.aspx
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
        X