Office 2010 Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office 2010 Issue

I have end users on office 2000, 2007 and 2010 before installing 2010 all users could share documents (doc and xls) now 2010 is on the scene no one can view docuemnts in 2000 from 2010. This is very funy as i have the compatability pack installed and Microsoft said it should work from office 2000 through 2010.
    Can anyone help here?

Re: Office 2010 Issue

Tried copying the docs locally and then seeing if you can open them?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

oh i have tried that already and does not work at all, i get the same error will not open

Comment

Do they still open on older versions ok (or maybe even wordpad ?)
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Is Office 2000 at the correct SP level (SP3)?
          http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have tried many apps to open a document or excel sheet from 2010 such as wordpad notepade also works and still no luck.

All office 2000 apps are at the correct level SP3, also Windows XP SP3 installed.

So for now i open the docs in my office 2010 and then send them via email to the requesting party that only have 2000.

Comment

I have Office 95 documents, both Word and Excel, that I open with Office 2010 without any issues. What are the files created by Office 2010 being save as? .docx & .xlsx or as .doc & .xls? Have you tried saving the Word files as .rtf and see if that works.

What is the error, if any, that is displayed when you attempt to open these files?
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Files created by Office 2010 are being saved as? .docx & .xlsx

Have you tried saving the Word files as .rtf and see if that works.
                I have not saved it as any thing else i will try.

What is the error, if any, that is displayed when you attempt to open these files?
                file cant be open
                unable to open file extension error

users of 2010 could save as 97-2007 but they are lazy so its more work for me.

Comment

In Word under File --> Options --> Save, there is a setting where you can set the Default format you want the documents to be saved as. Set as *.doc and no more problems.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                  X