Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using an USB internet stick to send and receive SMS

Hi

With Outlook 2010 SP2 64 bit, it is possible to use an USB internet stick (Alcatel IK40 by TIM) to send and receive SMS?

Thanks

Bye
    balubeto

It would appear not: https://support.office.com/en-gb/art...b-08c5e259a0ca (You need Exchange and either Windows Mobile or a subscription to an SMS provider)

Have you tried anything with your device?
    Have you checked if the mobile provider offers an SMS service?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      It would appear not: https://support.office.com/en-gb/art...b-08c5e259a0ca (You need Exchange and either Windows Mobile or a subscription to an SMS provider)

Have you tried anything with your device?
      Have you checked if the mobile provider offers an SMS service?
      By chance, you know a Windows software which completely manages the phone book and the SMSs from the USIM of this internet stick?

Thanks

Bye
      Last edited by balubeto; 3rd March 2017, 19:01.
      balubeto

Comment

All the mobile data dongles (USB or MiFi) I have used include a basic web site that allows you to manage the device. RTFM and see if it gives you any help.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

All the mobile data dongles (USB or MiFi) I have used include a basic web site that allows you to manage the device. RTFM and see if it gives you any help.
          The main problem of my stick is in the SMS management because it does not allow to manage the USIM phone book (or to create it one on the computer) and it does not warn me of the SMS reception. So how do I fix this?

Thanks

Bye
          Last edited by balubeto; 4th March 2017, 10:13.
          balubeto

Comment

RTFM for your particular model of device
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

RTFM for your particular model of device
              I have purchased an internet stick, Alcatel IK40 by TIM.

Now, since this stick is devoid of a Windows software that fully manages the USIM phone book and the sending/receiving SMSs, I could use the Smart suites http://www.alcatel-mobile.com/global...martsuite/list to do this? If yes, which model should I select? If not, you know which suites I have to download to get my purpose?

Thanks

Bye
              Last edited by balubeto; 5th March 2017, 12:27.
              balubeto

Comment

Working...
              X