Embed video in Powerpoint 2013 not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embed video in Powerpoint 2013 not working

For some reason our students can not insert youtube videos into powerpoint. I'm not sure if they ever could but now they cannot. I can under my account so its not a PC problem. However my regular account though something must be different has no admin rights. When you try and play the video it says "this video could not be started" But if I login to the same PC it works. I'm sire there are some group policies between the accounts that are different mostly to do with folder redirection etc but I cannot find they difference that is stopping it from working for the students. Has anyone else seen this?

Ask your network admin what (if any) GPOs are in place, or run an RSoP to see, then turn off settings one by one
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

There are many, I was hoping ti wouldn't come to that.

Comment

It turned out it was Protected mode in Internet Explorer. Of all the things

Enable protected mode for Restricted Sites:
        1. In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
        2. Click the Security tab, and then select the Restricted Sites Zone.
        3. Select the Enable Protected Mode check box, and then click OK.
        4. Restart Internet Explorer.

Comment

Originally posted by jason0923 View Post
          For some reason our students can not insert youtube videos into powerpoint. I'm not sure if they ever could but now they cannot. I can under my account so its not a PC problem. However my regular account though something must be different has no admin rights. When you try and play the video it says "this video could not be started" But if I login to the same PC it works. I'm sire there are some group policies between the accounts that are different mostly to do with folder redirection etc but I cannot find they difference that is stopping it from working for the students. Has anyone else seen this?
          I always use template [MOD EDIT COMMERCIAL LINK DELETED] and problems with the embedded video does not appear
          Last edited by Ossian; 4th August 2016, 11:59.

Comment

Working...
          X