Can`t open .xlsx files when attached with mail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can`t open .xlsx files when attached with mail

I have a client we have about 30 users of office 2010 and recently 2 users have troubles opening .xlsx documents attached to mail.
    Even when i save the file to disk it can`t be openend. But when i open excel and open the saved document it opens.
    When i go in windows to standard programs i see that behind .xlsx file it should open with Microsoft Office Excel while behind al other excel extensions is Microsoft Excel, this is also behind the .xlsx the users who don`t have this problem.

When i select this the icon is also from an older version of excel, en when i try to change it i go to the path of excel and see the new icon but it won`t change.

The solutions i tired:
    -change with open with to right excel, stay`s the same
    -tried to change it at the abavo section
    -reinstall office

So i`m kind of stuck at this moment, so a little help would be nice.

For a quick fix, try a repair install of Office as it should re-set up the file associations
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi, another option would be that you could try changing the file association like this:
      1. Right-click saved xlsx file on the desktop,
      2. Select "Open With" select [choose default program]
      3. Click the browse button and browse to excel [example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\excel.exe
      4. Check always use this program.
      Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
      I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
      MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Ossian already tried to fix using the analyse and repair , as well as the repair option.
        uk_network tried you`re solution as well, without result.

Comment

The fixes here look quite good http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...a-c95174ebcec0
          Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
          I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
          MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

uk_network tried the solution this morning but too bad still doesn`t work

Comment

What is bestand that is listed in your attached image? Is there such a program listed in Programs and Features that you can uninstall? Have you tried running malware scans etc on your machine like Malwarebytes or Hitman Pro (if you are not on a AD)?
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

biggles77 bestand is dutch for file

Comment

What happens when the file is saved from the email and then tried to be opened directly from the saved location on the HDD?
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Open Outlook in Safe Mode and retry.

Maybe there is a plugin affecting it.

Comment

biggles77 if i save the file from the email and i try to open it nothing happens, when i open Excel and browse to the location where i saved the file and then open it , it opens the file.
                      wullieb1 didn`t help

Comment

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/474

Comment

Working...
                        X