Outlook 2010 Issues, 32 & 64bit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2010 Issues, 32 & 64bit

Saw an article last week and now can't find it (or the link) again. It mentioned problems with Outlook 2010, both versions, having sync issues on Smartphone. It might be worth checking out is anyone is looking at upgrading.

In the meantime I will try and find the article again and post a link to it here.
    11 was a racehorse.
    22 was 12
    1111 race 1 day

************************************************** * ************************************************** ***********
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and click the LIKE option in the bottom right corner **
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ****** * *****

Re: Outlook 2010 Issues, 32 & 64bit

Is this activesync or via exchange?

Been using 2010 on my main PC for a few days and had no issues -- yet!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Outlook 2010 Issues, 32 & 64bit

I think it was an Activesync issue, hence the mention of Smartphone.

I was using the Beta version on SBS2003 for some time and it all seemed to run ok. That is why I was surprised when I saw that article.

Seems I cocked the whole thing. DOH!! Found this comment about the article.

Outlook 2010 x64 will not work with Windows Mobile Device Centre. Something to do with 32-bit MAPI not being there. Exchange sync still works, of course, just not Outlook sync over local connections. This also means that apps requiring MAPI32 to be there for emailing functions (MYOB, etc) will not be able to send mail via Outlook x64.

MS have stated they will not be updating WMDC, and we all know how slow MYOB are to update, so my advice would be to stick to 32-bit Office 2010. This will also help with upgrades, since 32-bit Office 2007 can’t be upgraded to 64-bit Office 2010.

Henry Craven added that he thinks there will also be a few compatibility issues with both versions. Henry is an SBS MVP here in OZ.
      Last edited by biggles77; 13th May 2010, 15:35. Reason: typo
      11 was a racehorse.
      22 was 12
      1111 race 1 day

************************************************** * ************************************************** ***********
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and click the LIKE option in the bottom right corner **
      ************************************************** ************************************************** ****** * *****

Comment

Working...
      X