It is a lot like Office 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is a lot like Office 2007

So far I have found Office 2010 is almost identical to Office 2007. It has a few new nifty text enhancement features and once I have blown away my annoying Windows 7 install and reconfigured with XP (and setup the 13 odd VPCs), I will post a screenshot of one of the niftier ones.

I would recommend that you download and install Office 2010 into a Virtual PC and have a good play. It seems surprisingly stable and I wouldn't be surprised if the next release is RC1 and then RTM.

I have heard a Feb or March release. Anyone have different news?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Re: It is a lot like Office 2007

My MD has it on his laptop and I setup Outlook Anywhere for him. Does look a lot like Office 2007, main difference I noticed was that Outlook now has the ribbon interface as well.

Haven't heard much on release dates but it won't be long I assume given that Exchange 2010 has been RTM'd.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

It will be released somewhere in june 2010
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Tried Visio 2010 and got the Send a Smile Send a Frawn (Feedback to MS ) cheeky faces on taskbar.
        A bit cautious about its privacy statement and info gathered and shared from MS but hey, nothing to hide nothing to worry I suppose.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

In Office 2007, Outlook got left behind. Now in 2010, Outlook gets the ribbon treatment and some enhancements - like conversation threading, at last. However, one thing I don't like about the threading is that say you delete the top item (newest) in the thread, you can suddenly find yourself dropped down to dates a while ago, if the previous item in the the thread was say last week. How does that work in other mail clients?
          BTW I have also heard June 2010 as the RTM date, which could mean it is actually on the shelf in August.
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

I've just started playing with it, particularly Outlook and I do like the threaded conversations.
            However I do not like the way the folder list and to-do bar appear very dim compared with the email list and preview -- regardless of which theme you select
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have it installed in my lab for our Exchange 2010 POC. Will be interesting to see if any future SP updates for Outlook 2007 will include the functionality for Archiving thats present in the OWA client and Outlook 2010. I heard its release will be the first quarter of next year. Kind of hoping it will be RTM fairly soon as Exchange 2010 is already here.

Comment

Originally posted by teiger View Post
                BTW I have also heard June 2010 as the RTM date, which could mean it is actually on the shelf in August.
                That means it would have to be renamed Office 2011. Encarta works on the same principal. Enarta 2008 is released in 2007. Encarta 2009 is released in 2008 etc etc.

Seriously, Office 2010 seems very stable from what I have experienced, but not being a world expert there may be items behind the scenes that we are not aware of. However as I said it does seem very stable so maybe it will get pushed out sooner than later.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X