Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel Data Display Problem??

Hi guys,

I face an odd problem only in Excel where actually the worksheet is populated with data, but when i scroll the mouse wheel up and down, i just couldn't see the data, but when i highlight those cells then i could see them. Other application like Outlook and Word are fine. Is that a display adapter issue or what?
    Mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open!

Re: Excel Data Display Problem??

Sounds like white text on a white cell background.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

No, they are genuinely black text...

Comment

What happens if you recalculate (press F9)?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

If 'F9' is pressed, data can be seen in the viewable area in the worksheet, but when we scroll up and down, some data in the cell/row will disappear and appear again...

Comment

Are you sure this is only in Excel, or does it apply to any other applications? (thinking graphics card issues - I know you say Word and Outlook are fine)

Does the same problem happen if you scroll without using the wheel?

Does it happen to the workbook on another PC or is it just on one machine -- and what graphics and general specs does that PC have?

Not quite your problem, but seems to be related: http://www.computing.net/answers/off...ets/11085.html
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Hi Ossian,

It's exactly same problem as posted in the thread you link. I'll try to check and update the display adapter driver to see if i can get rid of this annoying problem.

Comment

Working...
              X